Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sewing Retreat

The lovely ladies from Peggy and Bev's Place organised a sewing retreat over the weekend and it was wonderful!  It is about the only time I ever get to go away by myself, no men, no kids, no cooking and no cleaning - heaven!  The food was fabulous, the teachers terrific and the ladies were laughing!  Peggy showed us a technique using no rulers which was very different to anything I've done before and quite fun!  So I have made 18 blocks and not quite sure what to make with them so I think they might sit for a little while until I can come up with a creative way to use them. 
I then moved onto some unfinished projects.  I sewed 4-patch blocks for one of the cow wall hangings I've been working on and got stuck into the pinwheels.  I finished piecing all the blocks then laid them out to see how big it would be.  Not quite big enough I decided so with help from the other ladies I have decided to add another block.  Crazy much?  Yep.  I have cut all the pieces and will hopefully get some done tomorrow night.  Anyhow, haven't really been up to much else.

Happy Sewing

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment