Friday, November 5, 2010

Showing off!

Now I'm just showing off!  After getting all inspired by being around other sewing minded ladies last night, I decided to get stuck into this one today.  For a quilt that was a block a week, it's taken an awfully long time to finish!  I'm not a real fan of triangles and hadn't really sewed many and thought that this might be a good time to challenge myself.  The pattern was from Twiddletails who called it a 'Pinwheel Party' and provided a free block pattern each week.  To make the quilt larger I have added extra blocks which you can probably notice as the 2nd and 4th rows.  I am so happy that it can go off to the quilter next week - this was a big UFO to finish and I'll be even happier when it's quilted, bound and presented to it's new owner!! 

Happy Sewing,
Kristy

2 comments:

  1. Kristy,

    I love this quilt. I can bet there was lots of hours and a few choice words used in the it's assembling stage.

    Well done on finishing it!

    Cheers
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you guess there was some choice words??? I'm just so glad that it is so close to being finished. Will pick it up at Christmas and hopefully have it finished before the end of the year.

    Thanks Sonia

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete