Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Robot Quilt Post 2

The robot quilt is off to the quilter's!!  How excited was I to put it in the mail!!  Another one on the way to completion!  I chose a mottled red for the first border and a mustard yellow for the second border.  Because the quilt was long enough but not quite wide enough, I made the top and bottom borders from 4" strips and the side ones 2".  Now I just need to decide on a binding.  Hmmm, that might take a while.  Hopefully it will be fully completed by the end of July and on Master 2's bed for the end of winter!  Thanks for the comment Sonia, I will try using the clothesline next time to take pictures.  Anyhow, thought I would share a photo of a different completed project.  I bought the fabric a while ago and had enough to make 2 floor blankets.  I had one sandwiched and pinned ready to go for ages and pulled it out to quilt it and it just didn't work out right.  I unpicked it once and it puckered again so I decided that the boys could have it to play with.  The other quilt was for a new nephew in the family and it went together really well.  I also really like the binding on it.  That's enough sharing for me today, time to go and DO something!!

Kristy

1 comment: