Monday, February 21, 2011

Presents!

So I have decided that this year (and possibly from now on) I will be giving books and handmade gifts as presents for all of the nieces and nephews this year.  Toni's book has already been in use and will be used quite a bit more throughout the year!  We celebrated a 1st birthday last weekend and so I made the Cupcake Dress.  It was by far one of the easiest things I have EVER made!  I think the cutting and gathering was the hardest part!  The shirt was from Big W, and the fabric I stole borrowed from Mum's stash.  Expect to see a few more of these in the next couple of months, I want to have a few finished before the baby comes.

I have been eyeing off Melly and Me's new fabric (below) for a  while but wasn't really sure what I would make with it.  Peggy and Bev's Place had a big sale a couple of weeks ago so I picked up these fat quarters for a very good price!  Still not sure what I will use them for but they are really lovely!

The last photo is the boat fabrics I have bought for the new baby.   Haven't got a clue what pattern to use to make a single bed quilt but I'm sure I'll find something!


I think that's all the sewing news for now.  Just need to get into the sewing room and have a bit of a clean up and cutting session!

Happy Sewing
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment